Learn how to use the SOLIDWORKS Premium routing tools for piping and tubing applications.
- [Instructor] The creation and management of pipes and tubes in a CAD program can be difficult without the help of added tools. From the creation of the paths that pipes will follow, to the additions of the fittings in your design, learning routing specific add-ons for your modeling software can help save you time and streamline your design process. Hi, I'm Erin Winick. I am the founder of a 3D modeling and end of manufacturing company, and have a background in mechanical engineering. In this course, I'm going to take you through learning the basics of using the SolidWorks routing add-in to work with pipes and tubes.
I'm going to show you how to create pipes through 3D sketching, as well as how to use autoroute tools to make your modeling process much simpler. We are also going to look at the different fittings SolidWorks routing has built in, and how we can insert them into our routes. In the end, learning the basics of SolidWorks routing will simplify your modeling of pipes and tubes. It will allow you to create piping systems that are both easy to edit and share with other team members. By going through this course, you'll be ready to take advantage of these tools.
Let's get started.
AuthorErin Rochelle Winick
- Sketching pipe in 3D
- Routing and auto-routing pipe
- Splitting and deleting pipe
- Adding weld gaps, slope, and penetration points
- Preparing pipe drawings
- Sketching and routing tubes
Skill Level Beginner
SOLIDWORKS 2017 Essential Trainingwith Gabriel Corbett6h 10m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS 2013-2017: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metalwith Gabriel Corbett1h 34m Intermediate
1. Routing Basics
2. Making Pipes
3. Editing Pipes
4. Adding Other Components
5. Pipe Drawings
6. Tube Routes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.