Prepare for the Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced Sheet Metal (CSWPA-SM) exam. Learn about the exam requirements, and review specific, relevant concepts, including how to work with edge flanges, miter flanges, hems, jogs, bend tables, and equations.
- Hi, I'm Gabriel Corbett and welcome to the Certified Solidworks Professional Advanced Sheet Metal Exam Preparation Course. In this course, we'll go over all the requirements for the exam. Testing techniques, pointers, and effective use of time. In preparation to teach this course I took the latest exams and made sure that all the course information was relevant, and focused on you passing the exam. We will start with a skills review chapter to refresh your knowledge and give you key insights into the type of questions that you will see on the exam.
I have built sample parts that will mimic the real world exam and focus the discussion on relevant topics to pass the exam. We will cover creating sheet metal base parts. Edge flanges. Miter flanges. Hems. Jogs. And so much more. We will cover linking your parts to equations and setting up template files to start from. As a bonus, I'm also including some preformatted templates that will save you time on the exam. We will build several of the parts from the sample exam and go over a step by step process to build, modify and verify a model.
You will learn to assign the correct materials, units, and tolerances so the end results are correct. Finally, we will learn about sheet metal cutless properties and how to easily measure the flat patterns length, width, and area. Now let's get started with the Certified Solidworks Professional Advanced Sheet Metal Exam Preparation Course.
In this course, Gabriel Corbett prepares you to take the CSWPA-SM exam. Gabriel begins by covering the exam requirements and sharing testing techniques. He then dives into specific, relevant concepts that will refresh your knowledge and prepare you to pass the test, including how to work with edge flanges, miter flanges, hems, jogs, flat patterns, bend tables, and custom properties. He also shows how to build several of the parts from the sample exam, and takes you through building, modifying, and verifying a model.
- Exam taking techniques
- Sheet metal tools
- Bending calculations using K-Factor, bend deduction, and bend allowance
- Using the Convert to Sheet Metal tool
- Sheet metal cut list properties
- Modeling a sheet metal part from a drawing
- Updating dimensions/equations
- Creating flat patterns
- Adding hems