Prepare for the Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) exam, and master the techniques necessary to design parts and assemblies with the core features in SOLIDWORKS.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Gabriel Corbett and welcome to the SOLIDWORKS CSWA Exam Preparation course. In this course, we'll go over all the requirements for the exam, test taking techniques, tips, pointers and effective use of time. We will download the testing software and make sure we have the correct settings. I'll start by showing you how to build effective sketches using line, arc and trim tools. We will then cover some modifier tools, like Convert and Offset. We'll then look at using equations to quickly modify parts and review how to weigh them and find their center of mass.
Next, we'll learn some assembly techniques and work with some downloaded files as well as create our own assembly and parts. We will build several of the parts from the sample exam and go over a step by step process to build, modify and verify a model. You will learn how to assign the correct materials, units and corner systems so the end results are correct. Finally, we'll go over some multiple choice questions on drawing views and review them in SOLIDWORKS. Now let's get started with SOLIDWORKS CSWA Exam Prep.
Along the way, he'll cover creating effective sketches, using equations to modify parts, weighing parts, building assemblies, assigning the correct materials and units, and creating drawing views. At the end of the course, there are two sample exams to practice what you've learned.
- CSWA requirements review
- Working with sketch entities (Line, Circle, Rectangle, and Arc)
- Making offset, convert, and construction lines
- Reviewing the boss and cut features
- Sweeps and lofts
- Smoothing corners with Fillet and Chamfer
- Creating linear and circular patterns
- Dimensioning techniques
- Setting mass properties
- Selecting and using materials
- Inserting components
- Setting up reference geometry
- Establishing standard drawing views
- Annotating your drawings