Get up to speed with the surfacing tools within SOLIDWORKS fast. Learn how to create and modify surfaces, troubleshoot common issues, and manipulate faces in surfaces and solids.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Gabriel Corbett, and welcome to SOLIDWORKS Surfacing. In this course, we'll look at all the key tools within the Surfacing toolbar to get some amazing real-world experience at using them. To get started, we will go over the techniques to quickly create planes and the required sketch to build foundational surfaces. Then we'll dive deeper into some of the more complex surfacing tools and techniques. We will work with surface modifiers like trimming, extending, and filleting tools to adapt the shape to the final design, then review some fillet problems and how we can fix them using some simple surfacing tools.
I will teach you quick and easy ways to apply direct editing tools, like delete face and move face, for working with imported solids and surfaces, and so much more. Lastly, we'll cover common problems in solid models and quick fixes to get amazing results. Now let's get started with SOLIDWORKS Surfaces.
- Defining planes for surface creation
- Creating splines and 3D curves
- Making revolved surfaces
- Building boundary and lofted surfaces
- Offsetting a surface
- Trimming and untrimming surfaces
- Adding fillets
- Fixing corners
- Deleting, moving, and replacing faces