Learn how to use view keys. See how view keys are used to change viewing angles or orientation of our animations.
- [Instructor] View keys are used to change…the viewing angle of your animation.…So, for example,…if I play through this simple animation here,…I'll see that my entire animation…is being viewed in this kind of 3D isometric view.…But of course, I can change and customize that…to suit my needs…and those view keys will be held under this orientation…and camera views…and whatever keys may be placed along your timeline there.…
So, by default right now, I just have the single key here…which means I have a viewing angle at zero seconds…and it's just playing all the way through…at that same viewing angle.…If I wanna change that viewing angle,…say from the iso view to maybe a front view,…what I can do is just the same…as any other key, just right click…on this key here at zero seconds…and I can go to View Orientation…and change to whatever specific view I may want.…
So, I can go to say a front view here, let's say,…and now if I were to calculate or play through my animation,…we'll see that my viewing angle…of my animation has changed…
- Working with MotionManager
- Reviewing common animation terminology
- Using the Animation Wizard to generate animations
- Making complex animations with the click and drag method
- Editing the timeline and views
- Changing display and appearances
- Using scenes and lighting in animations
- Controlling animation with mates
- Physics-based motion
- Creating walkthrough animations
Skill Level Beginner
Modeling a Motorcycle Engine with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever1h 49m Intermediate
Modeling a Bicycle Frame with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever42m 34s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Animation Wizard
3. Manual Animations
4. Editing the Timeline and Views
6. Motion Drivers
7. Basic Motion: Physics-Based Motion
8. Cameras and Walkthrough Animations
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.