Join David Antanavige for an in-depth discussion in this video Versions vs. revisions, part of Learning SOLIDWORKS PDM.
- [Instructor] In this video, we're going to discuss…the differences between versions and revisions…when working in SOLIDWORKS PDM.…So, as we've discussed in some of the other videos,…versions are really the incremental steps between revisions.…Now, the main differentiation between the two is,…versions come just from simply checking in…and checking out files, you can have…many versions of a file, I've had several…that have gone up to near a hundred.…But in order to change revisions,…you have to implement a workflow,…which causes it to show this major change.…
I'm going to open up SOLIDWORKS real quick here,…open up this part I've got open.…Now, this is just a water filter…that's used in the marine industry…that I downloaded off of a vendor's website.…If we go over here we can see that there's six versions…of this part, so let's take a look at the list.…Here we see that we've got six versions,…one from when it was created, the first one…from when it was checked in, several others…where I changed the colors, changed the glass,…
- Setting up PDM
- Creating a vault
- Creating users and groups
- Setting permissions
- Working with data cards
- Creating a new project
- Adding files to the vault
- Versioning in PDM
- Working offline and online
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Setup Information
2. Administration Tool
3. PDM interface
4. Starting a New Project in PDM
Next steps1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.