Join David Antanavige for an in-depth discussion in this video Variables and attributes, part of Learning SOLIDWORKS PDM.
- [Instructor] Another tool you want to be aware of…when working with SolidWorks PDM…is the ability to leverage custom variables…and their attached attributes.…So in the past when using traditional SolidWorks PDM…we have the metadata in the background…that's controlled by our custom properties.…Let's take a look at this really quick.…So I'm going to open SolidWorks.…I'm going to just open up a file that I have in my vault.…
Now in the past we would go to our dropdown from File,…look at properties,…and see in the custom properties…all of the property names that we can fill out.…The thing to be aware of is,…in SolidWorks we can link all of these properties…to their variables inside of the data card…and in SolidWorks PDM.…So for example let's take a look at the data card…for this particular part.…So I'm going to click on it, go to Show Properties,…and you can see here that we're looking…at material, vendor cost, project name,…who it was created by.…
All of these various variables,…slash properties are being controlled here,…
- Setting up PDM
- Creating a vault
- Creating users and groups
- Setting permissions
- Working with data cards
- Creating a new project
- Adding files to the vault
- Versioning in PDM
- Working offline and online
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Setup Information
2. Administration Tool
3. PDM interface
4. Starting a New Project in PDM
Next steps1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.