Learn how to use scenes and lighting within animations. Discover how this can be used to alter and change shadows, background, or lighting color and intensity in an animation.
- [Instructor] To use those scenes and lighting options…within the animation, we'll just jump back into…our Motion Manager here, and just the same,…I'll want to move my time bar to…whatever point in time I might want to make the change,…so if we just play through from the beginning here,…we just see my vise closing and opening here.…Then nothing changing, I'm just at my…three point faded scene and no scene or light changes…or anything like that occurring.…
But of course, all I have to do is make changes…at any specific point in time,…and those will come in to my animation.…What's important here again,…is you'll probably want to turn on the auto key,…so when those changes are made…they'll automatically be applied within your animation here.…So first I'm going to navigate to where I'd like…my changes to come in, so maybe I'll say…right at the end at about six seconds…is where I want my change to be completed.…
So that would mean from zero to six seconds…my animation will be slowly fading…into a specific lighting or shadow setting…
- Working with MotionManager
- Reviewing common animation terminology
- Using the Animation Wizard to generate animations
- Making complex animations with the click and drag method
- Editing the timeline and views
- Changing display and appearances
- Using scenes and lighting in animations
- Controlling animation with mates
- Physics-based motion
- Creating walkthrough animations
Skill Level Beginner
Modeling a Motorcycle Engine with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever1h 49m Intermediate
Modeling a Bicycle Frame with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever42m 34s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Animation Wizard
3. Manual Animations
4. Editing the Timeline and Views
6. Motion Drivers
7. Basic Motion: Physics-Based Motion
8. Cameras and Walkthrough Animations
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.