Learn how to use the exercise files provided with this course.
- [Instructor] If you have access to the exercise files for this course you can download them to your desktop. Let's open up our exercise file over here. Now the folders are laid out by chapter and within those folders, by video. You will find that the contents of these folders have mostly been zipped with the exception of chapter one, video one. This file has been unzipped for your convenience for starting the course. Let's go into the chapter one, video five, components and parts.
I can right click on that to extract all the files and you will see this is the layout for most of the parts that are within our zipped files. You'll open the assembly that begins with the number of the video you're on to work along as you go through. The other files are included as a reference for that assembly. There are a couple of exceptions to this format which you'll see, for example, here in chapter four where one part has been included outside of our chapter files.
You'll access this in a few of your different videos. The assemblies will be used for your practice in creating routes, adding in custom parts and analyzing some of the exported data. If you're viewing this course on a mobile device, a set top device, or your membership doesn't provide access to the exercise files, that's okay. I encourage you still to follow along as we go through the course. Now let's get started.
AuthorErin Rochelle Winick
- Sketching pipe in 3D
- Routing and auto-routing pipe
- Splitting and deleting pipe
- Adding weld gaps, slope, and penetration points
- Preparing pipe drawings
- Sketching and routing tubes
Skill Level Beginner
SOLIDWORKS 2013-2017: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metalwith Gabriel Corbett1h 34m Intermediate
1. Routing Basics
2. Making Pipes
3. Editing Pipes
4. Adding Other Components
5. Pipe Drawings
6. Tube Routes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.