Join Gabriel Corbett for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Learn SOLIDWORKS: The Basics.
- View Offline
- If you're a Premium Member of the Library, you have access to the Exercise Files used throughout this title. Go ahead and download those files to your desktop. I have them listed right here under Exercise Files. Open up that folder, and you can see that I've got a folder for each one of the chapters. Inside each one of those folders are the parts, assemblies and drawings used for that movie. If you back, you can see at the very bottom here, I have templates, and these are the templates that I've been using throughout the course, but you're also welcome to use your own. If you're a monthly member or an annual member of the Library, you don't have access to the Exercise Files, but you can follow along from scratch with your own assets.
Now, let's get started.
- Navigating the SOLIDWORKS 3D workspace
- Creating sketches
- Extruding 3D parts from 3D sketches
- Using the Spline tool
- Adding dimensions
- Trimming and extending sketches
- Using the Mirror tool to repurpose geometry
- Referencing geometry
- Adding fillets, chamfers, and patterns
- Mating parts in an assembly
- Creating part drawings