Join Gabriel Corbett for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate.
- If you're a premium member of the lynda.com library, you have access to the exercise files used throughout this course. These files can be found on the Exercise Files tab on the main course page. Go ahead and download those files. I have them downloaded here, Exercise Files on my Desktop, and if you open that file up, you can see I have chapters two and three, which we're going to do the majority of our work, and then I also have some sample exam parts in here, as well as two sample exams in PDF form, and some templates used throughout the course.
If you don't have access to the exercise files, you can follow along from scratch, or you can use your own assets. Now let's get started.
Along the way, he'll cover creating effective sketches, using equations to modify parts, weighing parts, building assemblies, assigning the correct materials and units, and creating drawing views. At the end of the course, there are two sample exams to practice what you've learned.
- CSWA requirements review
- Working with sketch entities (Line, Circle, Rectangle, and Arc)
- Making offset, convert, and construction lines
- Reviewing the boss and cut features
- Sweeps and lofts
- Smoothing corners with Fillet and Chamfer
- Creating linear and circular patterns
- Dimensioning techniques
- Setting mass properties
- Selecting and using materials
- Inserting components
- Setting up reference geometry
- Establishing standard drawing views
- Annotating your drawings