Join Gabriel Corbett for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Up to Surface command, part of SOLIDWORKS: Surfacing.
- In this video we're gonna be explaining how…to use the Up to Surface command that's available in many…of your extrude solids or extrude surface commands.…First things first, let's explain the situation.…I have a rectangular sketch down here and I want…to extrude that up to this surface here.…Actually right now though…I don't have one surface, I have two.…So I have a surface here and I have a surface here.…And let's see what happens.…So first thing, I'm gonna click on this and I'm gonna click…on Features Extrude and it's gonna extrude it up…just like it would normally.…
I can type in a value and away we go.…But I also have the option to extrude up to a surface.…And it's gonna ask me which surface I'd like to go to.…I'm gonna choose this one here…and it's gonna have a problem…because this surface here is…not fully enclosing that boundary.…So it doesn't actually know how to end that feature.…So we need to go back and fix that up.…We can also try choosing the other surface here, this one.…And it puts the exact same problem.…
- Defining planes for surface creation
- Creating splines and 3D curves
- Making revolved surfaces
- Building boundary and lofted surfaces
- Offsetting a surface
- Trimming and untrimming surfaces
- Adding fillets
- Fixing corners
- Deleting, moving, and replacing faces
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 56m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Sketching for Surfaces
2. Surface Creation Tools
3. Surface Modifiers
4. Using Surfaces with Solids
5. Direct Editing Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.