Learn tools and techniques for using the SOLIDWORKS Miter Flange.
- [Instructor] There's no more impressive…or powerful tool in the sheet metal…tools library than the Miter Flange.…The Miter Flange can create very complicated…sheet metal shapes in a snap…and correct use of the feature…can really save you a lot of time.…More than likely this tool will help you to…create shapes that would otherwise be extremely difficult.…To get started we have to first…start with a base flange or tap.…So to get started, I'm gonna go ahead and choose sketch,…start a sketch on the top plane…and let's go ahead and then just draw a rectangle.…So there's my rectangle, let's add a couple dimensions,…five inches this way and let's go four inches that way.…
Alright, then go back to Sheet Metal,…click on base Base Flange/Tab…and let's go ahead and type in a value here,…I'm gonna type in quarter inch, so make it kinda thick.…Click OK and there it is.…So the next step is to choose one of these flat surfaces.…So I'm gonna choose this one right here…and I'm gonna start a sketch on that flat surface…or the edge of the sheet metal.…
First, review the sheet metal tools in SOLIDWORKS and the properties that make sheet metal unique: bend radius, K-factor, bend deduction, gauge thickness, and more. Then learn how to create basic parts, with base features, flanges, and bends that add strength and connections. Find out how to flatten parts and add holes, cuts, and corners that are manufacturing ready, and use the Convert to Sheet Metal command to convert imported geometry into native sheet metal parts. Gabriel also shows you how to create assemblies from multiple parts, use the Pattern and Mirrors tools to effortlessly duplicate existing work, and then document your designs with detailed sheet metal drawings. Watch the bonus videos to learn about the different machinery and processes that occur during manufacturing.
- Sheet metal tools in SOLIDWORKS
- Sheet metal manufacturing: Laser cutting, CNC machining, welding, and more
- Creating base features
- Creating flanges and tabs
- Making cuts and corners
- Using the Convert to Sheet Metal command
- Building multi-body parts
- Creating forming tools
- Forming across a bend
- Building an assembly
- Creating parts in an assembly
- Creating sheet metal drawings
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metalwith Gabriel Corbett1h 34m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SOLIDWORKS Weldmentswith Gabriel Corbett1h 26m Intermediate
1. Interface and Sheet Metal Basics
2. Sheet Metal Flanges
3. Sheet Metal Cuts and Corners
4. Converting to Sheet Metal
5. Multibody Parts
6. Forming Tools
7. Sheet Metal Assemblies
8. Sheet Metal Drawings
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.