Learn how to use the Mate Controller to improve control over more complex assembly animations.
- [Instructor] The Mate Controller…is a relatively new function in SOLIDWORKS.…It was added in SOLIDWORKS 2016…to help manipulate specific mates…that control degrees of freedom,…and to save and recall these specific positions.…So to generate my Mate Controller,…I can just navigate to insert dropdown,…and choose Mate Controller,…and that opens up my side panel, my property panel here…for the Mate Controller command.…So what I can do from here is…I can just select whatever mates I'd like to control.…
So this would be any angle mates or distance mates.…Or I can click this icon right here…to collect all supported mates within this assembly.…Just click that button here…and notice what it's done in this case…it's grabbed all six of my angle mates…within my robotic arm assembly.…And now you can see you have control…over all six of those angle mates…and you can change and edit these…to make as many positions as you'd like.…
So let's take a look.…By default I have one position…and I can add any numbers of positions I'd like.…
- Working with MotionManager
- Reviewing common animation terminology
- Using the Animation Wizard to generate animations
- Making complex animations with the click and drag method
- Editing the timeline and views
- Changing display and appearances
- Using scenes and lighting in animations
- Controlling animation with mates
- Physics-based motion
- Creating walkthrough animations
Skill Level Beginner
Modeling a Motorcycle Engine with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever1h 49m Intermediate
Modeling a Bicycle Frame with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever42m 34s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Animation Wizard
3. Manual Animations
4. Editing the Timeline and Views
6. Motion Drivers
7. Basic Motion: Physics-Based Motion
8. Cameras and Walkthrough Animations
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.