Join Gabriel Corbett for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Knit Surface tool, part of SOLIDWORKS: Surfacing.
- The Knit Surface tool allows us to take…two or more surfaces and combine them together…into one surface.…Most of the time it's going to be using the edges…of those surfaces and think about almost…like sewing them together to create one combined surface.…To do that let's go up to Knit Surface.…And notice if I choose this one here…and I choose this one here,…it's going to not let me do it.…It's going to say, "Hey, I can't find any edges"…and that's my first problem.…So before you start knitting surfaces together…we've got to make sure that we're trimming them.…So trim surface this time, I'm going to use…the Trim tool this and I'm going to choose this here.…
I'm going to remove that and as soon as I remove that…now I can knit these two together to become one surface.…Same thing in here.…I've got a edge here that I can knit together…so I'm going to basically sew these two edges together…to create one continuous surface.…Now go up to Knit Surface.…This time I'm going to choose this one here,…and this one there, and click on Ok.…
- Defining planes for surface creation
- Creating splines and 3D curves
- Making revolved surfaces
- Building boundary and lofted surfaces
- Offsetting a surface
- Trimming and untrimming surfaces
- Adding fillets
- Fixing corners
- Deleting, moving, and replacing faces
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 56m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Sketching for Surfaces
2. Surface Creation Tools
3. Surface Modifiers
4. Using Surfaces with Solids
5. Direct Editing Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.