Learn about the three main uses of SOLIDWORKS routing—electrical, tubing, and piping. Finding the places to access tools related to each area.
- [Instructor] SOLIDWORKS routing…can be used for multiple purposes…including guiding the path of pipes,…flexible tubing and electronic components.…Though there are many similarities…in how the program functions…for the routing of each of these,…there are separate tools for each provided.…As I mentioned before, you had some different tabs…pop up when we enabled SOLIDWORKS routing.…Those are for the different functions…that SOLIDWORKS routing has.…Electrical can be used to create electrical routes,…cables and wire quickly through…imported electrical connection data.…You can see some of these tools up here…specifically related to cables and things that go…perfectly with electronic routing.…
Now, piping, you can see here, has again…some things relating to the routing of pipes.…Piping is used to model solid ridge…and piping connections in your model.…We can add in things like connections…and weld gaps to fully represent the piping system.…Tubing tools are similar to that of piping…and are used to allow for the routing…
AuthorErin Rochelle Winick
- Sketching pipe in 3D
- Routing and auto-routing pipe
- Splitting and deleting pipe
- Adding weld gaps, slope, and penetration points
- Preparing pipe drawings
- Sketching and routing tubes
Skill Level Beginner
SOLIDWORKS 2017 Essential Trainingwith Gabriel Corbett6h 10m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS 2013-2017: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metalwith Gabriel Corbett1h 34m Intermediate
1. Routing Basics
2. Making Pipes
3. Editing Pipes
4. Adding Other Components
5. Pipe Drawings
6. Tube Routes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.