Learn the basic user interface of the MotionManager and how it will be used within SOLIDWORKS to create animations.
- [Instructor] The SOLIDWORKS Animation user interface…is the exact same as your SOLIDWORKS user interface…except for this one new toolbar down at the bottom,…the Motion Manager.…So, the first thing I might wanna take a look at…within my motion Manager here…is over on the left-hand side,…just the type of motion study that I'm currently in.…So, if I hit this dropdown here,…I can see Animation as well as Basic Motion.…If you have a Simulation license,…you might see another option here called Motion Analysis.…
So, in this course, we're gonna focus…on animations and touch briefly…on some basic motion as well.…The Animation Study type is useful…for creating animation or motion…that does not require accounting for say mass or gravity,…whereas basic motion studies, on the other hand,…generate approximate simulations of motion…that can account for mass collisions, gravity and so on.…So, taking a look through my Motion Manager here,…the first thing we may notice…is we have essentially our assembly tree here.…
So, that's just gonna show all of the parts…
- Working with MotionManager
- Reviewing common animation terminology
- Using the Animation Wizard to generate animations
- Making complex animations with the click and drag method
- Editing the timeline and views
- Changing display and appearances
- Using scenes and lighting in animations
- Controlling animation with mates
- Physics-based motion
- Creating walkthrough animations
Skill Level Beginner
Modeling a Motorcycle Engine with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever1h 49m Intermediate
Modeling a Bicycle Frame with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever42m 34s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Animation Wizard
3. Manual Animations
4. Editing the Timeline and Views
6. Motion Drivers
7. Basic Motion: Physics-Based Motion
8. Cameras and Walkthrough Animations
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.