In this video, walk through the process of initiating the upgrade process by checking for updates after opening SOLIDWORKS.
- [Instructor] If you already have SOLIDWORKS installed…on one of your machines and you're looking to upgrade,…you can actually begin this process…from right inside of SOLIDWORKS itself.…So right here, I've got 2017 service pack five installed.…I'm gonna go ahead and open that…and start the upgrading process…right from inside the SOLIDWORKS.…So if you go to the help menu and go to check for updates,…this is gonna open up the SOLIDWORKS installation manager…and it's actually gonna ahead and check…and see what versions of the software are available…for you to update.…
So if you wanna just update this seat,…you can go ahead and do it right here.…You just click the version that you want,…go to next and it's gonna go through the preparation,…check what kind of files you need downloaded,…things like that.…It's then gonna give you a summary of everything…that's gonna happen during the installation.…You can see here it's giving me this quote unquote error.…This is just an acknowledgement…that I've had other installations that I've tried…
- Installing SOLIDWORKS from an online resource or disc image
- Upgrading SOLIDWORKS
- Copying settings
- Activating and transferring the license
- Installing a SOLIDWORKS Network License (SNL)
- Installing a SOLIDWORKS Home Use License (HUL)
- Installing SOLIDWORKS PDM and other products
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Performance Tuningwith David Antanavige1h 31m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Managing the Design Librarywith Elise Moss1h 1m Intermediate
1. SOLIDWORKS Standalone
2. SOLIDWORKS Network License (SNL)
3. SOLIDWORKS HUL Install
Install process1m 8s
4. Installing Other SOLIDWORKS Products
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.