Join David Antanavige for an in-depth discussion in this video Upgrading to Professional, part of Learning SOLIDWORKS PDM.
- [Lecturer] Now at this point in our installation process,…everything that we've done has been related…to installed SOLIDWORDS PDM Standard.…Now let's say an amount of time has gone by…and you've decided that you want to upgrade this…to the SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional.…I'm going to go ahead and go through that process…before adding and vaults and creating any…complications that'll arise during it.…It's a pretty simple process.…So you can see here as in the other videos…I have my remote desktop connection…to my server location.…
I'm going to go ahead and open up the Control Panel,…go to Uninstall a program.…Slide down to SOLIDWORKS PDM server.…I'm going to right click and do a Change on this.…So similar to before when we modified it…to make sure that we had the archived database…and client servers all installed,…we're going to go through the install shield wizard again.…So we're going to his Next.…Again we're going to choose Modify,…and at this point we're going to select…SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional.…
Before we did everything with SOLIDWORKS PDM Standard…
- Setting up PDM
- Creating a vault
- Creating users and groups
- Setting permissions
- Working with data cards
- Creating a new project
- Adding files to the vault
- Versioning in PDM
- Working offline and online
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Setup Information
2. Administration Tool
3. PDM interface
4. Starting a New Project in PDM
Next steps1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.