This video shows how to work with equations to update parts.
- [Instructor] Question number two of the sample exam…asks us to update some of the equations and dimensions…on this part, and then weigh it out.…So in this case here, you can see we have a A of 200,…a B of 110,…a C of 40, and a D of 18.…If I go over here to my equation toolbar…open that up…I see the A, let's go ahead and change that one…to 200.…And you can see why this is really handy…to be able to easily change these…equation values…and just type in a new value here.…
So highlight that out.…That's gonna be 110.…Forty.…And then 18.…Okay.…Once those are changed, go ahead and click Okay.…Come up here and…rebuild the document.…I'm gonna go ahead and expand that out all the way.…So now I have my new modified part.…Everything automatically updated because…everything is linked to those equations.…So that's why you definitely want to make sure…that you establish those equations in the beginning…because most of these exam questions…build upon each other.…
And then most of the time I'm gonna take…one existing part and keep modifying it…
In this course, Gabriel Corbett prepares you to take the CSWPA-SM exam. Gabriel begins by covering the exam requirements and sharing testing techniques. He then dives into specific, relevant concepts that will refresh your knowledge and prepare you to pass the test, including how to work with edge flanges, miter flanges, hems, jogs, flat patterns, bend tables, and custom properties. He also shows how to build several of the parts from the sample exam, and takes you through building, modifying, and verifying a model.
- Exam taking techniques
- Sheet metal tools
- Bending calculations using K-Factor, bend deduction, and bend allowance
- Using the Convert to Sheet Metal tool
- Sheet metal cut list properties
- Modeling a sheet metal part from a drawing
- Updating dimensions/equations
- Creating flat patterns
- Adding hems
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 56m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Professionalwith Gabriel Corbett2h 53m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready for the CSWPA-SM Exam
2. Sheet Metal Tools
3. Sample Exam Questions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.