Join Gabriel Corbett for an in-depth discussion in this video Untrimming surfaces, part of SOLIDWORKS: Surfacing.
- When SolidWorks originally creates surfaces…it generally creates them as a square rectangular profile…and then trims them to size.…Now you can use the Untrim Surface tool…to get back to that original shape.…Or if you've already made some cuts or changes to a part,…you can kinda use this as an undo tool.…Take and add material back…or untrim that surface back to it's original state.…Let's take a look.…Choose a selection here.…If I choose this one here,…notice it just automatically creates this…rectangular surface that that was cut out of originally.…
That's one option you could do.…Click on that, okay.…And then when I created this surface here,…I used that up to surface command so up to this surface here…but really that surface goes all the way out to here…and then we're using this surface here to cut it.…So if I go up to Untrim Surface,…I can then choose this surface here.…As you can see, it goes right back…to the way it was prior to being cut.…Go ahead and click on okay.…There it is.…Do the exact same thing over here.…
- Defining planes for surface creation
- Creating splines and 3D curves
- Making revolved surfaces
- Building boundary and lofted surfaces
- Offsetting a surface
- Trimming and untrimming surfaces
- Adding fillets
- Fixing corners
- Deleting, moving, and replacing faces
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS 2013-2017: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Sketching for Surfaces
2. Surface Creation Tools
3. Surface Modifiers
4. Using Surfaces with Solids
5. Direct Editing Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.