This video covers methods for folding and unfolding parts.
- [Instructor] When creating sheet metal parts…there might be times when you need to unfold…a piece of sheet metal,…do some type of an operation, and then refold…that same shape.…Now let me give you a couple examples.…Over here you can see I've got this cut.…And if I take a look at this one here you can see…I'm just cutting a little triangle off that corner.…When I exit out of that sketch you can see up here…that this is a square cut, 'cause I have…Normal Cut turned on.…If I go over here to that feature itself…edit the feature, you can see I have…Normal Cut turned on here.…If you turn that off…you can actually bevel this corner here…and that's gonna be really hard to create…unless you're cutting this after the fact.…
But if you're cutting it in the flat state…more than likely you're gonna need to…turn on that Normal Cut…to get a shape that looks like this.…Once you have that shape there you can click…on Sheet Metal, click on Flatten.…And you can see what it's gonna look like…in the flattened state.…Let's go ahead and fold that back up.…
In this course, Gabriel Corbett prepares you to take the CSWPA-SM exam. Gabriel begins by covering the exam requirements and sharing testing techniques. He then dives into specific, relevant concepts that will refresh your knowledge and prepare you to pass the test, including how to work with edge flanges, miter flanges, hems, jogs, flat patterns, bend tables, and custom properties. He also shows how to build several of the parts from the sample exam, and takes you through building, modifying, and verifying a model.
- Exam taking techniques
- Sheet metal tools
- Bending calculations using K-Factor, bend deduction, and bend allowance
- Using the Convert to Sheet Metal tool
- Sheet metal cut list properties
- Modeling a sheet metal part from a drawing
- Updating dimensions/equations
- Creating flat patterns
- Adding hems
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Professionalwith Gabriel Corbett2h 53m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready for the CSWPA-SM Exam
2. Sheet Metal Tools
3. Sample Exam Questions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.