Learn about exploring the additional tube parts available in the routing design library.
- [Instructor] As we were going through the Piping Lessons,…you might have noticed that we always opened…the Piping folder for parts in our Design Library.…However, there is an entire separate library of parts…that can specifically be referenced…with the creation of tube.…This can be accessed in the Tubing drop-down…in the Design Library.…So just as before, we'll go under Routing,…but this time, instead of clicking on this Piping folder,…I'm going to click the Tubing drop-down.…Now, you'll see some similar features,…like Flanges and Tees, and some different folders…as well, like Tube Fittings and Tubes.…
Since tubing has different purposes,…it also has different fittings in the Design Library,…but it definitely needs some similar things,…like flanges and tees.…Now over here in this block,…I've added in some various tube fittings…that are unique to tubing.…If I click into the Tube Fittings file,…you'll see that some of the ones I've added in,…are some male pipe connectors, that you'll see over here,…as well as a straight fitting.…
AuthorErin Rochelle Winick
- Sketching pipe in 3D
- Routing and auto-routing pipe
- Splitting and deleting pipe
- Adding weld gaps, slope, and penetration points
- Preparing pipe drawings
- Sketching and routing tubes
Skill Level Beginner
SOLIDWORKS 2013-2017: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metalwith Gabriel Corbett1h 34m Intermediate
1. Routing Basics
2. Making Pipes
3. Editing Pipes
4. Adding Other Components
5. Pipe Drawings
6. Tube Routes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.