Join Gabriel Corbett for an in-depth discussion in this video Trimming surfaces, part of SOLIDWORKS: Surfacing.
- The Trim Surface command allows us…to trim one surface with another.…To do that, let's go ahead up here to Trim Surface.…The first thing I'm going to do is to make sure I'm choosing…the Standard Trim Type and then choose…my Trim tool, that's going to be any existing surface.…And I'm going to choose this one right here.…As soon as I do that, I have the option to either…Keep my selections or Remove them.…So I'm going to go ahead and Keep them.…In this case here I'm going to choose this one.…That way it will show you that over here…it's going to be removing this section here…and keeping this one here,…and the blue is what's trimming them away.…
So it's slicing that right in half.…As soon as I click on Ok, it removes this part back here…and keeps this part here, trimming with the surface here.…Now sometimes you might want to build a surface…like this one that you're not actually going to be using…in your model.…You're purely just going to be using that as your Trim tool.…Now if you happen to be doing that…you can always click on it, see where it is over here,…
- Defining planes for surface creation
- Creating splines and 3D curves
- Making revolved surfaces
- Building boundary and lofted surfaces
- Offsetting a surface
- Trimming and untrimming surfaces
- Adding fillets
- Fixing corners
- Deleting, moving, and replacing faces
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS 2013-2017: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Sketching for Surfaces
2. Surface Creation Tools
3. Surface Modifiers
4. Using Surfaces with Solids
5. Direct Editing Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.