- In this movie we're going to covering…the trim and extend command and I've got a few lines…pre-defined here and I'm going to continue on…with this and just do a little refresher…as far as drawing in 3D.…So i'm going to jump over here to the 3D sketch tool,…grab a line and i'm going to just go ahead…and click on this endpoint here of this corner,…and draw out a few lines.…I'm gonna do the same thing over here.…Make sure i'm just drawing vertical lines.…Ok now to make them all equal,…so I'm going to say this line,…that line just by holding down control.…
Ok those guys are all going to be equal in length.…I'm going to define a length of one of them at 24 inches.…Ok so there's my sketch in 3D.…So i've got a 2D sketch defining the rough shape…and then I've got a 3D sketch defining the four…different legs of this table here.…Now we're going to define a couple structural members.…So jump over to Weldments.…Start a Weldment, start a structual member.…On the top were gonna choose NC inch.…Instead of pipe I'm gonna choose…
See how to build assemblies from weldments and add gussets, weld beads, and end caps. Then find out how to automatically generate documentation such as weldment cut lists and weld tables to add to your drawings. To wrap up the course, Gabriel offers tips and tricks for fabricating your finished design, such as using standard-sized materials for quick and easy production.
- What are weldments, and why use them?
- Creating construction planes and sketching in 2D and 3D
- Adding structural members
- Flipping and mirroring
- Working with joints, braces, and brackets
- Creating custom profiles
- Making an assembly from a weldment
- Adding in weld beads
- Creating a basic weldment drawing
- Including a weld table
- Preparing for fabrication
Skill Level Advanced
SOLIDWORKS 2013-2017: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Understanding Weldments
2. Structural Members
3. Working with Assemblies
4. Weldments Drawings
Adding in a weld table4m 16s
5. Prepairing for Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.