Learn about editing the transparency of a pipe or element to allow for easier routing.
- [Narrator] A quick setting that is useful to know…when using routing is the ability to change…the transparency of your routes.…SolidWorks has default settings that can cause difficulty…viewing certain portions of your route…that travels around it in front of other parts and pipes.…This is definitely something to know…to use on certain situations.…So, during routing, the model will go…into Maintain Assembly Transparent,…which can affect what you can see…and make it difficult to accurately…position routing components on occasion.…Let's take a look at that.…So, let's go into Edit,…this is the section over here,…by going right click, Edit Route.…
You'll notice that all of our other parts…become completely transparent, which can be difficult…to deal with on occasion, depending on what…you're trying to do with your route.…So, let's exit out of this…and look at how we can change this.…I'm going to click that to exit out…and now, I'm going to go up to my Options,…this little gear on the top.…I'm going to go over to Display, on the left,…
AuthorErin Rochelle Winick
- Sketching pipe in 3D
- Routing and auto-routing pipe
- Splitting and deleting pipe
- Adding weld gaps, slope, and penetration points
- Preparing pipe drawings
- Sketching and routing tubes
Skill Level Beginner
SOLIDWORKS 2017 Essential Trainingwith Gabriel Corbett6h 10m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Professionalwith Gabriel Corbett2h 53m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metalwith Gabriel Corbett1h 34m Intermediate
1. Routing Basics
2. Making Pipes
3. Editing Pipes
4. Adding Other Components
5. Pipe Drawings
6. Tube Routes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.