Learn how to use the tool libraries and how to load others.
- [Instructor] In this video we're going…to be talking about tool libraries.…Now if you jump into the tool library…button right up here, click on that,…you can open up our current library.…You can see we've got four tools in our library.…And directly below each one of these tools, it shows…which job or operation that tool's being used for.…Now we can cut and paste these tools if you…want to right-click on them, you can say edit,…you can renumber them, you can cut, you can duplicate,…you can copy, paste, delete, and so on.…So you can do a whole bunch, and you can…switch these tools from library to library.…In fact, if you come down here to my library,…you can store things in these libraries here.…
You come down to sample libraries, and if you…like a certain type of holder for instance,…or you want to go grab some type of a tool for…a specific type of material, you can grab that tool,…come down here select drills, or endmills,…or whatever you want, click on it and just…right-click and say duplicate or copy.…So copy that tool, and drop that into your current library.…
- Loading models and assemblies
- Stock setup
- Choosing the WCS and running multiple parts at once
- Building custom tools
- Running a drilling operation
- 2D milling operations
- Modifying your post processor
- Simulating the milling operations
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS 2017 Essential Trainingwith Gabriel Corbett6h 10m Intermediate
Modeling a Motorcycle Engine with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever1h 49m Intermediate
1. HSMXpress Job Setup
2. Tools/Tool Library
3. Drilling Operations
4. 2D Milling Operations
5. Simulation and Post Processing
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.