Learn how to create tapped holes.
- [Instructor] In this video, we're going to be tapping…the holes that we just created in the last video.…Now the key thing for tapping holes is of course…we need to already have a hole there.…So more than likely, you've already done some work…on your part as far as establishing either a spot drill…or a regular drilled hole or something like that…so we can actually run that tap through.…Two things to remember are that…we definitely have to remember to drill deeper…than we're tapping, unless you're drilling completely…through that part.…In that case, you might actually want to run that tap…a little past the end of the part as well…so that you get full threads all the way through the part.…
We'll show you how to do that.…So come up here to Drilling, click on Drill,…and far as my tool,…I'm going to go ahead and select the library tool.…And because we've already added in our tool library,…built our tool library up, I have it right here…as this half tap.…The only problem though is I notice that the tap I selected…
- Loading models and assemblies
- Stock setup
- Choosing the WCS and running multiple parts at once
- Building custom tools
- Running a drilling operation
- 2D milling operations
- Modifying your post processor
- Simulating the milling operations
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS 2017 Essential Trainingwith Gabriel Corbett6h 10m Intermediate
Modeling a Motorcycle Engine with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever1h 49m Intermediate
1. HSMXpress Job Setup
2. Tools/Tool Library
3. Drilling Operations
4. 2D Milling Operations
5. Simulation and Post Processing
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.