Learn about system preferences and how they can be customized to fit individual needs and requirements.
- [Instructor] Throughout this course,…I will be using the default settings for SOLIDWORKS PCB,…but if you would ever like to customize…your settings or options,…you can just jump over to the File tab,…and down at the bottom I have System Preferences.…So here I have a whole number of settings and options…that I can customize to suit my specific needs.…So for example,…I can change my mouse wheel configuration,…so that will change the navigation tools…within my mouse gestures there.…
I can change the zoom precision…or default locations,…where I'd like the default location…for my files to be saved out,…and I have a whole number of options…if I want to customize…how exactly my schematics editor works…or how exactly my PCB editor works…and so on.…So again, throughout the majority of this course,…we're just gonna be using the defaults,…but you can customize these to fit your exact needs.…
- Navigating the user interface
- Creating a new project in SOLIDWORKS PCB
- Placing electrical components onto drawings
- Wiring and annotating schematics
- Creating and editing PCBs
- PCB design
- SOLIDWORKS collaboration
- Creating schematic symbols
- Changing between 2D and 3D views of the PCB board design
- Generating final outputs
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Schematic Design
3. SOLIDWORKS Collaboration
4. PCB Design
6. Final Tools and Outputs
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.