Join Leon van den Heever for an in-depth discussion in this video Splitting the connecting rod, part of Modeling a Motorcycle Engine with SOLIDWORKS.
- Next we will split the bottom cup…from the main cone rod.…Again, there are different ways we could go…about doing this like severing out separate parts,…but to keep things a bit simpler we will use…configurations along with the split command…to achieve our goal.…Now select the configuration manager tab…right beside the property manager tab.…Let's create two new configurations by right-clicking…on the part name in the tree…and select add configuration.…Name it cone rod and okay.…
Do the same to add another config…and let's name it cone rod cup.…Remember that the suppress features option…under the advanced options is currently active.…If active new features added with other configurations…active are suppressed on this configuration…select okay, double-click the cone rod config…to make it the active configuration.…Do a search for the split command.…Drag it to the features command bar for easy access.…
Now let's run that command.…In the trim tool selection box select the top line,…which is where our model will be cut.…
AuthorLeon van den Heever
Need a better background in SOLIDWORKS before you can continue? Check out SOLIDWORKS 2014 Essential Training.
- Sketching the flywheel
- Building and cutting the flywheel shafts
- Filleting the flywheels
- Splitting the connecting rod
- Building the sprocket
- Modeling the camshaft
- Combining parts into an assembly
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
Sheet Metal Design with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 56m Intermediate
Up and Running with eDrawingswith Gabriel Corbett1h 14m Beginner
1. Flywheel Design
2. Connecting the Rod, Piston, and Sprocket
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.