Learn about manually creating pipe, adding relations and dimensioning, and sketching pipes.
- [Instructor] Now that we've created a route between…our two tanks, let's look at creating a bit more complex…pattern with our 3D sketching knowledge.…Our first step is going to be creating a new route again.…However, this time we're going to do it…a little bit differently.…Your first step is going to be coming up to this gear…at the top, selecting it, which is your Options,…and coming over to the left and selecting Routing.…Now, what you're going to need to do is check this top box…which is Automatically route on drop…of fittings and connectors.…This will allow our route to automatically start…whenever we drop a flange in.…
This'll save us a lot of time when we're trying to add…a lot of flanges, start a lot of routes, and…just save us a couple extra clicks.…So we're going to select Okay.…Now we're going to come over into the flange,…and click and drag that onto our tank.…Once we select our configuration, you'll see that the…route properties automatically comes up and our route…is automatically started.…So go ahead and click the Okay, and we're going to…
AuthorErin Rochelle Winick
- Sketching pipe in 3D
- Routing and auto-routing pipe
- Splitting and deleting pipe
- Adding weld gaps, slope, and penetration points
- Preparing pipe drawings
- Sketching and routing tubes
Skill Level Beginner
SOLIDWORKS 2017 Essential Trainingwith Gabriel Corbett6h 10m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Professionalwith Gabriel Corbett2h 53m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metalwith Gabriel Corbett1h 34m Intermediate
1. Routing Basics
2. Making Pipes
3. Editing Pipes
4. Adding Other Components
5. Pipe Drawings
6. Tube Routes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.