- 2D sketches provide the core…design elements for Weldments.…We can combine and connect 2D sketches…with 3D sketches layer.…But first, let's get started with…some basic 2D sketching fundamental principles.…The first thing we wanna do is start a sketch,…and I'm gonna choose the Top Plane.…Now there's a lot of people in the world…who've been using SolidWorks for quite a bit of time,…and they've kind of glossed over the fundamentals…of good 2D sketching.…I feel that 2D sketching is probably…the most important skill inside of SolidWorks,…because that's what defines every other thing.…
And if we can think about things as far as symmetry,…if we can think about things as far as…using construction geometry, so we're…not overly dimensioning things,…making a slick efficient design is key.…Especially if you have to go back and make changes,…'cause what happens is, if you have…15 different dimensions all exactly the same,…or you have a bunch of extra superfluous information…that's just sitting there,…you have to change all those design features at one time,…
See how to build assemblies from weldments and add gussets, weld beads, and end caps. Then find out how to automatically generate documentation such as weldment cut lists and weld tables to add to your drawings. To wrap up the course, Gabriel offers tips and tricks for fabricating your finished design, such as using standard-sized materials for quick and easy production.
- What are weldments, and why use them?
- Creating construction planes and sketching in 2D and 3D
- Adding structural members
- Flipping and mirroring
- Working with joints, braces, and brackets
- Creating custom profiles
- Making an assembly from a weldment
- Adding in weld beads
- Creating a basic weldment drawing
- Including a weld table
- Preparing for fabrication
Skill Level Advanced
SOLIDWORKS 2013-2017: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Understanding Weldments
2. Structural Members
3. Working with Assemblies
4. Weldments Drawings
Adding in a weld table4m 16s
5. Prepairing for Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.