This video explains what a sketched bend is and how it's created.
- [Instructor] If you have a part that is already…in the flattened state, a sketched bend…is a really great way to create bends in that part.…It's pretty straightforward and easy.…All you really need is a sketch with a line in it.…So, the first thing I wanna do is go over here to Sketch,…click on Start a Sketch.…I'm gonna go ahead and choose the top surface right here…and let's go ahead and just create a line…that goes across this part right here.…Now, of course, I can define a dimension from there…down to here, maybe it'll say it's 80 millimeters,…and then go ahead and just click on Sketched Bend.…Click on that, and notice over here,…we're looking for the Fixed Face.…
I'm gonna choose the surface right here.…You can see what happens.…It's just gonna bend that right up.…You can choose to bend it right at…the center line of that bend.…You can put the material to the inside, of course,…to the outside, as well as the bend outside.…You can also change the angle.…So, in this case here, I'm gonna type in 45 degrees.…
In this course, Gabriel Corbett prepares you to take the CSWPA-SM exam. Gabriel begins by covering the exam requirements and sharing testing techniques. He then dives into specific, relevant concepts that will refresh your knowledge and prepare you to pass the test, including how to work with edge flanges, miter flanges, hems, jogs, flat patterns, bend tables, and custom properties. He also shows how to build several of the parts from the sample exam, and takes you through building, modifying, and verifying a model.
- Exam taking techniques
- Sheet metal tools
- Bending calculations using K-Factor, bend deduction, and bend allowance
- Using the Convert to Sheet Metal tool
- Sheet metal cut list properties
- Modeling a sheet metal part from a drawing
- Updating dimensions/equations
- Creating flat patterns
- Adding hems
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Professionalwith Gabriel Corbett2h 53m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready for the CSWPA-SM Exam
2. Sheet Metal Tools
3. Sample Exam Questions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.