- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Understanding sheet metal fundamentals
- Creating base features
- Creating flanges and tabs
- Making hems and corner features
- Unfolding and folding parts
- Adding cuts across bends
- Adding welded corners
- Using the Forming tools
- Importing geometry
- Using the Convert to Sheet Metal command
- Making sheet metal drawings
- Exporting DWG and DXF files for laser cutting
- Building an assembly
- Creating parts in an assembly
- Creating flat patterns
- Using in-context design techniques
- Exporting parts
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Gabriel Corbett and welcome to Sheet Metal Design with SolidWorks. Sheet metal is a complex industry and understanding the basic processes and fundamentals is essential to designing parts that are easy and efficient to manufacture. SolidWorks has assembled a great set of tools for working with sheet metal, however, it's up to us as designers to use these tools to create parts that are designed well. In this course, I'll go over some of the background on sheet metal processes and the techniques to design manufacturing ready parts.
I'll start by showing you how to design basic sheet metal and cover all the common tools in the sheet metal package. From there, we'll expand our knowledge into more complex, multi-body sheet metal design techniques and assemblies. We'll also go over drawing and documentation techniques and cover the steps required to produce cut patterns and files to send out for fabrication. As a bonus, we'll also be touring a sheet metal fabrication company and learning about the machinery and processes that are required to build sheet metal parts. I'll cover what really goes on behind the scenes on how to design parts that are ready for manufacturing.
Now, let's get started with Sheet Metal Design with SolidWorks.
Up and Running with eDrawingswith Gabriel Corbett1h 14m Beginner
1. Interface and Sheet Metal Basics
2. Sheet Metal Flanges
3. Sheet Metal Cuts and Corners
4. Converting to Sheet Metal
5. Multibody Parts
6. Forming Tools
7. Sheet Metal Assemblies
8. Sheet Metal Drawings
Next steps1m 26s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.