Join Elise Moss for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up the animation, part of SOLIDWORKS: Making Movies.
- [Instructor] We added this camera…and we have it positioned and notice,…here is the camera at zero seconds.…If we move our time line to the 12 second mark,…then come over to the camera and come over…and copy and paste this key.…Say, we're coming over this camera…and we're going to look at the properties of the camera…and we're changing it from 42% to, say, 99%.…
Here it is at the zero second mark and here it is…at the 12 second mark.…Then we just run it and…it should have worked.…Okay, I needed to set it for show camera view…in order for it to show the camera view…as I ran the animation.…You need to make sure that camera view…has a check mark next to it and you're looking…at the camera view.…
Then when you press play you'll be following along the path.…Now, the other thing is you'll notice…that you can see the path as you're traveling.…Normally, I hide the path,…before I start the animation.…What you're gonna record is what you're seeing between this,…and this is your field of view.…
That's what's controlling your field of view.…
- Working with the motion study interface
- Rotating, exploding, and collapsing a model
- Writing a great script
- How to make things move
- Creating keypoints for camera views
- Writing a script to control appearance
- Writing a script that combines appearances, camera views, and movement
- Rules for a great script
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Professionalwith Gabriel Corbett3h 22m Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
1. Introduction to SOLIDWORKS Movie Making
Gallery of animations4m 50s
2. Exploring the Motion Study Interface
3. Starting Off Easy: The Camera Wizard
4. Writing a Great Script
5. How to Make Things Move
6. Creating Keypoints for Camera Views
7. Changing Appearances in Animations
8. Elements of a Great Movie: Appearances, Camera Views, and Movement
9. So, You Want to Make Movies? Let's Review!
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.