You can point SOLIDWORKS to different folders to customize things like template locations and design libraries. Learn how in this video.
- [Instructor] Another part of the SOLIDWORKS customization…is setting up your file locations.…Now, if you use just a simple out of the box…SOLIDWORKS installation,…this really isn't gonna affect you very much,…but if you use things like custom templates,…if you edit your sheet metal tables,…have a custom design library,…or any of these things that maybe you share…across multiple users, you're gonna wanna point everyone…to these specific file locations.…So let's jump into SOLIDWORKS and see what I'm talking…about exactly.…
So I'm gonna go into SOLIDWORKS 2017 here.…Going up to my options.…Then, if you go down on the left to file locations,…there's actually two file locations.…So there's your default templates.…This sets up the location for your default part assembly…and drawing template which you can point to by browsing to.…Because I just set up this SOLIDWORKS installation…for the first time, it's asking me…for a standard to use as a default…and I'm just gonna pick the standard iso.…
Here you can see that it has the standard part template…
- Installing SOLIDWORKS from an online resource or disc image
- Upgrading SOLIDWORKS
- Copying settings
- Activating and transferring the license
- Installing a SOLIDWORKS Network License (SNL)
- Installing a SOLIDWORKS Home Use License (HUL)
- Installing SOLIDWORKS PDM and other products
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Performance Tuningwith David Antanavige1h 31m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Managing the Design Librarywith Elise Moss1h 1m Intermediate
1. SOLIDWORKS Standalone
2. SOLIDWORKS Network License (SNL)
3. SOLIDWORKS HUL Install
Install process1m 8s
4. Installing Other SOLIDWORKS Products
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.