You should always understand what version of SOLIDWORKS you operate in and how to check it.
- [Instructor] As part of a setup that performs optimally, you want to make sure that you always have the proper service pack and version of SOLIDWORKS available. First thing to do is find out where to check this. So here up at Help, if you click on the drop down, you can see About SOLIDWORKS. This will give you all the information about your seat of SOLIDWORKS installed locally. So you can see here that I have SOLIDWORKS Premium 2018 service pack one.
Now if I'm working with someone else and my models are not reacting properly or features are not coming through correctly, I might want to check and make sure that I'm using the same SOLIDWORKS version and service pack as the people that I'm collaborating with. Now, to have the most up-to-date service pack and version, you'll have to be on subscription services. So if you're not on subscription services with a SOLIDWORKS reseller, this might be tough for you to do. To get the latest SOLIDWORKS version and service pack we simply go to the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal.
Here at the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal, I'm going to link in using my personal information. Then down under Downloads, you're going to find Downloads and Updates. By clicking on that, it takes us over to the Downloads page. Here you can see SOLIDWORKS products, which is now all done through one installation wizard, or just the SOLIDWORKS activation wizard. By clicking on this, it'll give you a license agreement to agree to, and then you can go ahead and download and install the software.
Because I just recently updated and installed this software I know that I'm up-to-date and shouldn't have any problems.
- How your workstation's hardware functions
- Adjusting System Options settings
- Modeling best practices
- Creating custom configurations
- Fixing your assemblies
- Using SpeedPak
- Increasing modeling performance with Instant2D and Instant3D