Review the server and client requirements as listed on the SOLIDWORKS website in this video.
- [Instructor] When considering moving to an SNL…or SOLIDWORKS Network License,…there are a few requirements that you'll wanna check in on.…Here I'm on the SOLIDWORKS system requirements,…and if you go down to the SOLIDWORKS server products,…you'll see what version of SOLIDWORKS with an SNL…work with what Windows Server product.…So at a minimum you need a couple of works stations or units…that you're gonna run SOLIDWORKS on connected in a network…to a server that's running Windows Server 2008…at a minimum now.…
It doesn't support anything before then.…We have Windows Server 2012 set up in my work…which works for all three…of the current versions of SOLIDWORKS.…Outside of that there aren't really any huge requirements.…It's just the basic requirements that you have…for the SOLIDWORKS software package,…and to support the SNL license…it really just needs a constant internet connection…and the proper Windows network set up…done with all the other computers…so that you can always reach the SOLIDWORKS Network License.…
- Installing SOLIDWORKS from an online resource or disc image
- Upgrading SOLIDWORKS
- Copying settings
- Activating and transferring the license
- Installing a SOLIDWORKS Network License (SNL)
- Installing a SOLIDWORKS Home Use License (HUL)
- Installing SOLIDWORKS PDM and other products
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Performance Tuningwith David Antanavige1h 31m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Managing the Design Librarywith Elise Moss1h 1m Intermediate
1. SOLIDWORKS Standalone
2. SOLIDWORKS Network License (SNL)
3. SOLIDWORKS HUL Install
Install process1m 8s
4. Installing Other SOLIDWORKS Products
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.