Join Gabriel Corbett for an in-depth discussion in this video Selection tools, part of SOLIDWORKS: Visualize.
- [Instructor] The next tool I'm going to show you…is the Object Selection tool…and I have four different options down here.…I can select the entire model,…I can select individual parts,…I can select different groups,…as well as different appearances.…Now, if I choose something like a part…and I click down here, it will select just that part.…Notice it does show up over here as brushed titanium…and that's that bezel.…I also have the ability to just select those parts…over here from the list as well, under this model.…Here's the top level model,…here's the individual parts directly below that.…
And if you want to move things around,…we have this next tool over here…which is the Object Manipulation tools…and I can then select to move it, scale it,…as well as pivot it.…But if you didn't want to be in that mode,…you can still come down here,…select an object from over here,…and then you can come down and transform that object.…You can move it, its position.…You can rotate it, you can scale it,…and you can pivot it down here.…
- Navigating SOLIDWORKS Visualize
- Using selection tools
- Applying materials
- Adding a scene, a backplate, and lighting
- Rendering from multiple cameras
- Adding configurations
- Removing the background
- Rendering an animation
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Basic Navigation
4. Configurations and Groups
5. Image Output
Setting up an animation4m 16s
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.