Learn about scenes, backgrounds, lighting, and shadows within SOLIDWORKS. Discover that SOLIDWORKS has a number of default lighting and scene options, and how these can also be edited and customized to suit your own needs.
- [Instructor] Scenes and lighting in SolidWorks…can be used to greatly enhance image qualities…to make our projects look more realistic,…and can also give off shadow effects.…Scenes and lighting in SolidWorks can get quite in-depth,…but for the purpose of this course,…I'll only worry about introducing the basics.…And of course all scenes and lighting…can then be used within animations.…So to navigate over to our scenes and lighting,…I just go over to my left-hand side assembly tab here.…
Take a look at all the tabs.…The last one is display manager.…If I just click on that tab there,…I have a few options for viewing appearances,…all the colors and appearances within my project.…And I notice I have this icon here which I can click on,…which will be scenes, lights, and cameras.…Now within this we have a number of scenes applied,…number of lights and camera information applied,…and all of this can be customized or edited…to suit your exact needs.…
SolidWorks comes with a number…of default pre-created scenes.…And to take a look at some of those,…
- Working with MotionManager
- Reviewing common animation terminology
- Using the Animation Wizard to generate animations
- Making complex animations with the click and drag method
- Editing the timeline and views
- Changing display and appearances
- Using scenes and lighting in animations
- Controlling animation with mates
- Physics-based motion
- Creating walkthrough animations
Skill Level Beginner
Modeling a Motorcycle Engine with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever1h 49m Intermediate
Modeling a Bicycle Frame with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever42m 34s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Animation Wizard
3. Manual Animations
4. Editing the Timeline and Views
6. Motion Drivers
7. Basic Motion: Physics-Based Motion
8. Cameras and Walkthrough Animations
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.