Explore preventative personal protection, what it is and why it is used.
- [Narrator] Let's talk about personal protective equipment,…or PPE.…I'm pretty passionate about safety, so let's talk.…A lot of the materials used for molding and casting…can be very irritating and/or toxic to human skin,…eyes, and mucosal membranes.…You'll need gear to protect yourself.…Eyes.…If you're like me and you need your eyes for later,…the very first thing I insist on in my shop…is a pair of safety glasses.…Safety glasses should protect you from flying debris,…dust, liquid spray,…or anything else you don't want in your eyeball.…
Often, you need to get extra close…to your project in process and an ounce of prevention…is worth a gallon of cure.…Safety glasses come in different sizes and styles.…Make sure you get a pair that are so comfortable…protecting your eyes that you actually wear them.…They shouldn't distract you from what you're doing.…Skin protection.…After eyes, one of the bare minimums…for this ooey-gooey stuff is a pair of rubber gloves.…When I say rubber gloves, I'm referring to the very thin,…
- What are mold making and casting?
- Type of molds
- Designing a mold
- Types of casting
- Mold and box setup
- Complex molds
- 3D printing and CNC manufacturing for molding and casting
- Other molding processes
Skill Level Beginner
Prime Studio Product Designwith Stuart Harvey Lee14m 2s Intermediate
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Intermediate
Rhino and V-Ray: Product Design Renderingwith Dave Schultze2h 54m Intermediate
Product Design: From Sketch to CADwith Jean Gorospe1h 16m Intermediate
Product Design: From CAD to 3D Modelwith Jean Gorospe1h 45m Beginner
What is mold design?1m 22s
1. What Is Mold Making and Casting?
2. Everyday Casting: Materials
3. Design Considerations for Molding
4. The Casting Process
5. What Prototyping Processes Tell You about Full-Scale Manufacturing
6. 3D Printing and CNC for Molding and Casting
7. Other Applications and Processes
Next steps1m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.