Explore how to get the license number, only SNL people get them now, and how you get the number of seats you get.
- [Instructor] One of the advantages to having…a SOLIDWORKS server network license…is the ability to also have…the additional SOLIDWORKS home use license.…Now, if you go to the SOLIDWORKS server network license…frequently asked questions page on the SOLIDWORKS website,…you see some information listed here…about the home use licenses.…Long story short, how this works is…when you use the server network license…for the lowest version of your software,…you get that many seats of the home use license.…
So for example, the way that I do it at my company…is we have a couple versions of Premium,…a couple versions of Pro…and a couple versions of SOLIDWORKS Standard.…We only get as many licenses in SOLIDWORKS Standard…as we do all the seats.…So for example, we could have two seats of Premium available…as a home use license,…or four seats available as a Pro license…or six seats available as a Standard license.…
It's kind of weird how they do it,…but the way that it's structured,…whatever the lowest common denominator is,…so as far as SOLIDWORKS is concerned,…
- Installing SOLIDWORKS from an online resource or disc image
- Upgrading SOLIDWORKS
- Copying settings
- Activating and transferring the license
- Installing a SOLIDWORKS Network License (SNL)
- Installing a SOLIDWORKS Home Use License (HUL)
- Installing SOLIDWORKS PDM and other products
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Performance Tuningwith David Antanavige1h 31m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Managing the Design Librarywith Elise Moss1h 1m Intermediate
1. SOLIDWORKS Standalone
2. SOLIDWORKS Network License (SNL)
3. SOLIDWORKS HUL Install
Install process1m 8s
4. Installing Other SOLIDWORKS Products
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.