- Importing geometry
- Using the surface and face tools
- Working with Boolean geometry
- Converting scans to 3D with Mesh Edit, the Mesh Prep Wizard, and the Surface Wizard
- Working with mesh BREP bodies
- Exporting a mesh
- Preparing a mesh for 3D printing
Skill Level Beginner
- [David] When working with mesh and point cloud data, SOLIDWORKS 2019 now offers more features than ever that can help us take this data and convert it into something usable in SOLIDWORKS, such as surface bodies and solid bodies. In this course, we're going to walk through some of the classic options that we had in opening and importing the mesh files. We're then going to look at what surface tools we can use to edit our mesh, repair our mesh or replace some of the faces.
We're going to take a look at Boolean geometry and how you can combine and delete bodies. We're also going to step through a few of the scan to 3D features that help us manipulate our mesh when we first bring it in. Then we're going to focus on the new mesh BREP body capabilities in SOLIDWORKS that are new to 2019. And in the end, we're going to try and export this mesh and send it out to a vendor for 3D printing. Thank you so much for joining us for SOLIDWORKS Mesh Tools and let's jump into it.