- File references in parts and assemblies
- Working with derived parts
- Replacing components
- Troubleshooting broken references
- File references in drawings
- Replicating data
- Copying files using Pack and Go
Skill Level Intermediate
- [David] Welcome to the SOLIDWORKS File References course. My name is David Antanavige, certified SOLIDWORKS expert. In this course we're going to talk about all the different ways that file references come into play when using SOLIDWORKS. File references can affect parts, assemblies, drawings, as well as all of the locations where SOLIDWORKS pulls the data that it needs to maintain your system and give you the customization that you need. These can also be extremely important when referencing geometry, editing in context, or just trying to troubleshoot issues you're having when things like drawing views don't come up properly or you're missing relationships inside of sketches.
At the end of this course you'll have all the tools you need to diagnose file reference issues in SOLIDWORKS. Let's go ahead and jump in.