- Using the Interference Detection tool
- Using the Clearance Verification tool
- Using the Draft Analysis tool
- Using the Deviation Analysis tool
- Comparing documents
- Using the DFMXpress Analysis tool
- Using the Part Reviewer
- Using the Check Active Document tool
- Assembly Visualization
Skill Level Advanced
- [Gabriel] Hi, I'm Gabriel Corbett, and welcome to SOLIDWORKS: Advanced Tools. SOLIDWORKS is the world leader in 3-D solid modeling software used for product design and development, and the software has a full suite of design, modeling, and simulation tools. This course focuses on some of the more advanced verification and simulation tools that are available. These tools can really save you a lot of time and money on your projects by quickly revealing your parts and assemblies for errors. Some of the tools that we'll be learning are interference detection, clearance verification, hole alignment, part and assembly performance verification, file compare, sustainability, costing, part reviewer, and so much more.
In this course, we'll go step-by-step through each of the tools in real-world examples. We'll cover the options and review the results. We'll start with some of the molding tools, and then look at alignment and fit verification, followed by costing and part reviewer. Finally, we'll wrap up the course with performance evaluations on your parts and assemblies. These tools are already loaded into SOLIDWORKS and ready to evaluate your design. Most of the tools are easy to use and quick, so before you finish your next project, make sure to use some of the advanced tools to verify your design.
Now let's get started with SOLIDWORKS: Advanced Tools.