Learn about analyzing the new parts of the design tree, and how you'll use them moving forward.
- [Voiceover] Routing adds some new elements…to the feature tree that you may not have seen before.…We're going to take a closer look…at these items and what they mean.…Over in the feature tree,…you can see this logo with a pipe on it.…This is a similar logo in the background…that you might have seen for parts or assemblies,…but has this pipe inserted over top.…This means that there is a route…contained within this assembly.…If you click the drop down,…we can see some other new items that are here.…Components, Route Parts, and Route 1.…Components are items that we inserted.…
You can see that these are all from our design library.…This includes a slip on weld flange…like we inserted in the last video.…The 90-degree inch elbow and another one of those as well.…We scroll down, we can look at the drop down of route parts.…Route parts are generated manually…or by an auto-routing process we'll discuss later.…They display the configuration and length of pipe needed.…So if we pull out the side of this display here,…you can see the configuration that we used of that specific…
AuthorErin Rochelle Winick
- Sketching pipe in 3D
- Routing and auto-routing pipe
- Splitting and deleting pipe
- Adding weld gaps, slope, and penetration points
- Preparing pipe drawings
- Sketching and routing tubes
Skill Level Beginner
SOLIDWORKS 2017 Essential Trainingwith Gabriel Corbett6h 10m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 56m Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Professionalwith Gabriel Corbett2h 53m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metalwith Gabriel Corbett1h 34m Intermediate
1. Routing Basics
2. Making Pipes
3. Editing Pipes
4. Adding Other Components
5. Pipe Drawings
6. Tube Routes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.