Learn how to replace a face in one body with another surface.
- [Instructor] If you're starting…with some solid geometry that doesn't…quite conform to a surface you're trying to replicate,…using the Replace Face feature is very powerful.…I'm a big fan of Delete Face, Replace Face,…and the Delete Hole feature.…These give you the ability to take features…that are out there and just kind of shift them around,…project them on different surfaces,…or just eliminate them all together.…So let's see what we can do with the Replace Face feature.…I'm going to go ahead and click on that.…
There are two selections that you are given here.…The first one asks you for, I'm going to just hover…for a second and not move my mouse.…If you do that on any of these windows,…it'll tell you what it's looking for.…So this is asking for the target faces for replacement,…and then the second window is the replacement surface.…So I'm going to take this face right here,…and I'm going to replace it with this surface.…Now just to back up a second, it will let you…just pick anything and a bunch of things.…
- Importing geometry
- Using the surface and face tools
- Working with Boolean geometry
- Converting scans to 3D with Mesh Edit, the Mesh Prep Wizard, and the Surface Wizard
- Working with mesh BREP bodies
- Exporting a mesh
- Preparing a mesh for 3D printing
Skill Level Beginner
1. Classic Mesh Tools
What are mesh files?1m 47s
2. Surface/Face Tools for Mesh
3. Boolean Geometry
4. Scan to 3D
5. Mesh BREP Bodies
6. Exporting Mesh
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.