Join Gabriel Corbett for an in-depth discussion in this video Replace Face command, part of SOLIDWORKS: Surfacing.
- The Replace Face command is very much like an…Extrude Up to Surface however if you already have a…existing solid body and you want to replace one of the faces…that is where the Replace Face command comes into play.…So what I have here is I've got a rectangular block…on the bottom here and I've just created…an extruded surface directly above it.…Keep in mind that that surface completely covers…the block below it.…Go ahead, go up to Surfaces and Replace Face.…And right here I'm going to choose…the tangent faces for replacement,…and that's going to be this one right here.…
And then I'm going to choose which surface…I want to replace that with.…Click on that one there and click Ok.…And just that easily I have removed that top surface…and extended it all the way up…to this existing surface here.…Then I can go back and take this surface body here…and just hide it, and there's my resulting solid.…So a very simple and easy command…but very helpful if you need to replace a face…or just kind of extend something up to a surface…
- Defining planes for surface creation
- Creating splines and 3D curves
- Making revolved surfaces
- Building boundary and lofted surfaces
- Offsetting a surface
- Trimming and untrimming surfaces
- Adding fillets
- Fixing corners
- Deleting, moving, and replacing faces
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS 2013-2017: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Sketching for Surfaces
2. Surface Creation Tools
3. Surface Modifiers
4. Using Surfaces with Solids
5. Direct Editing Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.