Join Gabriel Corbett for an in-depth discussion in this video Question 5: Reordering and modifying the BOM, part of Cert Prep: SOLIDWORKS Drawing Tools.
- [Narrator] For question number five on the sample exam they're giving us this isometric view here and denoting this part here as component X. Now if I go to the next page of the sample exam, you can see here that they're asking us to sort the bill of materials in ascending order starting with number one, and then identify which component corresponds to the letter X. Let's just over to SolidWorks and see what we can do. The first thing we want to do is we want to sort by part number, so if I go over here, let's click on this top column here. Right-click and then click on sort.
I want to sort by part number in ascending order, so let's go ahead and do that, notice nothing changes, and then let's go ahead and create a annotation balloon and go ahead and attach that balloon to this item here so we can see which component that really is. So you can see that is item number one with this full part number here. It's the Launcher Main Body, and there is one of those. If we then jump back over to the sample exam, let's go ahead and go down to the bottom here. So the answer key for question number five is item number one, exactly what we found, and we're in good shape.
So hopefully that helps you to sort your bill of materials, then select which item corresponds to your drawing, and then answer that question correctly.
- Downloading the testing software
- Working with drawing views
- Accessing data in the bill of materials
- Using equations with BOM data
- Importing model items
- Creating complex views
- Sample exam questions and answers