Join Gabriel Corbett for an in-depth discussion in this video Question 2: Projected view creation, part of Cert Prep: SOLIDWORKS Drawing Tools.
- [Instructor] On question two of the exam, we're asked to create this view up here, AA from the previous view that we worked on on question number one. If I go to the next page here, you can see that it's same decimal places, same unit system, same projection type. And it needs to be a projection from the view we created in question number one. And then we're going to just figure out what that angle is. So let's go ahead and flip over to SOLIDWORKS. Here's that front view that we open up from the previous question. I did change the name of the file to being 3.2 All right now let's go ahead and just choose this view here.
Let's go up to view layout and then go ahead and click on projected view. Click on that one there. And let's go ahead and make this projection right over here, and that's what we're looking for. Click on that one there. Place it and then let's go ahead and add that dimension. Let's make sure that we're getting the right surfaces, so let's flip back over to the PDF and take a look. We want from that bottom surface down there up to the top surface there. So from there we're going to go ahead and create a dimension. So we're going from here up to there, and then placing that dimension.
Click okay and let's go ahead and zoom in and see what we got. It says 22.01 Let's go ahead and flip back over. Verify we did get the right dimension here. And let's go ahead and look at the answer key. And here it is coming up. And it is 22.01 So we got the right dimension, that's exactly how you create that projected view. This one's a pretty straight forward and simple question. Just make sure you are starting with the right view from question number one. And then just make that projection to the upper righthand corner and you should be all set.
- Downloading the testing software
- Working with drawing views
- Accessing data in the bill of materials
- Using equations with BOM data
- Importing model items
- Creating complex views
- Sample exam questions and answers